Tuesday, July 26, 2016

A name change may be in order

So, it turns out I am definitely, in no way psychic.

Here are words I never thought I'd type or say:

I'm pregnant.

Yes, you read that correctly. 33 weeks to be exact. Due in early September. At 38.

And the story actually becomes even more insane. After 13 years of using no protection (and having a healthy sex life, if I do say so myself, ahem), I got on the mini-pill in April because I thought I was peri-menopausal. Without getting into TMI, I was having horrible cycles and opted not to get an ablation because of cost (AH! The irony!). My doc suggested the  mini-pill because when I was on it for three years during college my cycles stopped altogether.

They did this time, too, about 8 months later but for an entirely different reason. #ThanksObama for the free bcp.

So there you have it. This WILL BE OUR LAST BABY, ONE WAY OR ANOTHER (I'm looking at you, PB and an impending snip appointment if I don't end up a c-section). So far all signs point to a healthy boy. Which is good because there is no room at the inn for another girl - for those keeping track we live in a three bedroom house.  Here's hoping he's small.

There is one more seat at the table and plenty of room in the Big Black Beast of a Van we now own. And the kids are so excited. I'm interested to see how this all plays out.

PS - I am more active on Facebook now than anywhere else. If you want to keep up with us, please send me an email at ladyjane1202_@_Yahoo_dot_com.

(remove _ and replace dot with .)





No comments: