Friday, July 23, 2010

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

The Good: Three words - PB, Mom, Per.Co.Set
The Bad: Umm, my ankle? It's impact on my life?
The Ugly: The hellacious scars I'm going to have, and the Amanda shaped divot that's forming in my bed.

Really, all things considered it's not so bad. Although a week in bed sounds way better in theory than it actually is in practice. PB has been a saint - I owe him and I am no good at health care, so I'm not sure how that'll work out. Also, I think I am killing my poor mother. She stayed here all week and was constantly running around getting something for me or chasing the girls.

The girls are also good - they are very careful around my ankle, although they're pretty annoyed that we keep leaving the house without them - I take up the whole backseat now since I can't really keep my leg down for a significant amount of time yet. At my first dressing change everything looked good - at least from the doctor's perspective. Next Tuesday I get my first (and hopefully last!) hard cast. Am hoping that I'll be more comfortable moving around after that we'll see.

Had a small setback with a complication related to one of my antibiotics but that problem also seems to be clearing up.

I'm a little bored though, so entertain me, friends. Point me to some new blogs that I should read or something :-)

No comments: