Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Trip to the zoo

We made a trek to the zoo yesterday. Highlights included: visit to a new exhibit, "brushing the goats" at the petting zoo, and riding the carousel.

Upon returning home, I took the girls outside to play and stationed myself in my hammock with a book (yes, my hammock!!). Lily came to the end of the hammock and started pretending it was the carousel, the post on the hammock stand was her microphone. Her instruction speech included:

"Welcome to merry round. Hold still."

Spins wheels on bottom of hammock stand, rocks my hammock a little bit.

"Thank you for coming to the zoo. Stay on merry round until it stops. Thank you for coming to the zoo."

Lucy was up next.

"Thanks zoo! Thanks merry round. Hold still."

Too cute.

Also, regarding visits: More of the same. She seems to be calming more during the actual visit time - books have been really helpful because they give them both something to focus on.

The latest drama has been rescheduling visits to accommodate Mom's job. C/W first suggested Saturdays from 4-6pm. Umm, no? We offered Sundays from 5 - 7pm as a weekend option. Caseworker respondents with 9am - noon Sunday morning. After a consultation with my c/w the answer was no again. We've settled on Monday mornings and Thursday evenings, which I hope, makes everyone happy.

As an aside, I really love Brooklyn's c/w - she's great. Not sure what this weekend thing was about, especially since Mom is new at her job and told PB she needed to work every weekend. Weird.

1 comment:

JUST A MOM said...

SOSWEET! GOOD LUCK WITH THE VISITS... always heart breaking for me to see such a hard thing for them.