Friday, October 09, 2009

Well, now I feel like an ass....

Just yesterday I was writing this long post about things that have pissed me off lately. Then today I clicked over to Yondalla's blog and found a link to Cory's story, which is really more like a plea.

I absolutely cannot fathom having to separate yourself from one child in order to protect your other children.* She asked anyone who read her blog to spread the world, so distribute this post as you see fit.


**I generally have very mixed feelings about adoption disruption, because I think that re-abandoning traumatized kids is adding insult to injury. In this case, I can't see what else COULD be done, for the well-being everyone involved.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so torn. While I do feel for the family and hope to never walk in their shoes I can't help but feel a distaste for the manner in which they seem to be advertising for a new family for him - and in doing so disclosing very personal things to the internets. Things which may come back to haunt him years and years from now.

I just can't get past that, I think. It feels icky to me. Not necessarily the disruption itself (which also does, of course) but the indiscriminate disclosure of very, very private information. I feel it could have been handled in a more respectful way.

Corey said...

Thank you for linking to our son's story. We have to believe that the more people that link, the greater our chances of finding him a family..

BTW, things piss me off every day.. I sometimes worry my blog is one big list of them. ;-)

With love,
Corey

Deborah said...

I read that, too, and it is so sad. You're right, though; I don't know what else she can do. And I can't help. I hope someone can.