Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hey! I just remembered!

I never posted Q & A 3. Here goes:

From LBC:

How much do you enjoy having two of the same sex? In a few more months, I will have a second little boy on my hands. I keep trying to tell my toddler he has a brother on the way and I don't think he wants to "hear" it.



Hmmm.... I've not had two of the opposite sex at the same time before and to be honest, I'm a little baffled that I ended up with two girls, given that one (and only one!) son was the only kind of child I could picture myself with for many years.

But, so far, it seems to be working pretty well. The pros are shared clothes (BIG PRO), and despite my best intention at not gender coding my kids (which are made of MASSIVE FAIL) shared toys. So right now, two of the same gender is OK.
I think about 10 years from now I will HATE having two teenage daughters so close in age. Cause I'm thinking that in addition to normal teenage drama angst, especially teenage GIRL drama angst, I will also have additional teenage girl fighting angst to deal with, right inside my own home.

Awesome. SO bottom line? We can swap stories in 10 years.

From Dream Mommy and Robin:


How's Lily's case coming? no news is usually good news in foster care because it usually means no drama.


Yes, in this case no news = no drama. The subsidy / adoption process is going smoothly (so far!) after a lot of intiial delays from the county. My favorite is that Lily was only recently issued a social security number and her original birth certificate (Issued for BABY GIRL "Lily's lastname) was missing.


But! It's been found, paperwork is in and we're just waiting for the hearing date.

Post more about the scary Cookie Monster. That made me laugh.

From Robin:

Did you use an adoption agency for Lucy?


Yes. We used a branch of Lutheran Social Services in our state which is actually no longer working with first moms. Lucy's mom was their last. Probably because their fees were modest and not on a sliding scale based on race.


They do still offer supportive services for international adopters, I think.

2 comments:

cocokrispybeans said...

Hey! If you do find the Remains Of Creepy Cookie, send him my way. We cna make him a Creepy Traveling Muppet and take pictures of him all around the country!

ConverseMomma said...

Oh, are you a mom via adoption. That is awesome. I am too. Love when I find blogs of others who adopted. Congratulations!