Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm leaving on a jetplane

Bags are packed but not so sure I'm ready to go... it's hard to leave Lily for much time these days - she's aware that you're leaving and talks about you leaving and misses you when you're gone. Tonight, when I gave her an extra long hug before bed and told her that Mama was going bye bye for a few days tomorrow, she asked to go with me. Repeatedly. There's some mommy guilt for you.

The upside is that she will be fine. She might miss me and she might ask about me, but she'll be fine.

The other thing is I have to be at the airport at an ungodly, inhuman hour. And I can't really even bitch about it, because I made the travel reservations myself.


2 comments:

Amy said...

Just did that very thing myself. Got back today and immediately rushed to pick Ava up from daycare early.

I was gratified to see that she was thrilled to see me and even opted to forego her snack in order to rush into Mama's arms.

Just think of the homecoming. It's the only way to deal.

Oh, and think of the lovely, clean hotel room, the shower you'll get to take without feeling rushed, the meals you'll get to eat ALL BY YOURSELF, and the uninterrupted sleep. Those are pretty nice, too.

Anonymous said...

中醫減重
中醫減重
中醫減重
中醫減重
中醫減重
花蓮民宿
花蓮民宿
花蓮民宿
花蓮民宿
花蓮民宿
花蓮民宿