Friday, February 06, 2009

I'm not all powerful

So, Lucy has an aversion to the sun in her eyes. I used to have a sunshade on her window but it fell down and I keep forgetting to buy another one for Lucy and it feels really bad to put one up for Lily but not have one for Lucy... and well.. anyway.... the kid doesn't have a sunshade ok? 

So, we're driving down the road and she keeps screaming, "No" and covering her hands with her eyes. Pretty funny in and of itself, because she's SUCH a drama queen. I tell her it's just the sun and to close her eyes. She does for a minute. Then she says "Sun off, Mommy."

She thinks I can turn off the sun. Love it. Wish she'd adore me like that for the rest of her life.*

Also - Lucy update - she has four teeth and is working on five. And she can stand on her own for a few seconds at a time now. No steps yet :-)

* Not just me she adores this way though. She also asked J to turn off the sun.

2 comments:

JUST A MOM said...

I hope your wrting these sillies down,, something you think of AFTER they are all grown up to do and wish you had....

Enjoy them

Rebecca said...

Ha! It's been so long since we've seen the sun she probably did think you had something to do with it.

I see an expensive sunglasses habit in the future. She'll be rocking the shades soon, one she figures out that is a solution to her problem.