Monday, January 26, 2009

Fun facts of the day

So you know I am a numbers geek, right? I recently came across a site (from another blog I read) where you can find out how many people in the US share your name. Well, sort of, they make an estimation based on census data of how common your first name is, how common your last name is and assuming there is no dependence between the two names (not really true, since Amanda is probably more likely to be combined with Smith, then say, Wong). But I digress....

Amanda is the 80th most popular first name in the US. There are 1,142 people in the US who share my full name. I know at least one of them shares my city because I've accidentally picked up her prescription before :-)

PB's name is shared by only 76 people - isn't he special?

304 people share Lucy's full name, but only people have Lily's full biological name. Only 1 person has what would be her full adopted name (i.e. same first name, PB's last name).

So, I am officially the "commonest" member of my household. Probably in more ways than one.


You can find out how many of you there are here:


4 comments:

Yondalla said...

There are only 13 of me!

Funny though...my maiden and married names have the exact same statistical ranking. Really.

I kept putting them in thinking I must have accidentally given the same name before. I didn't though.

Very, very strange.

Anonymous said...

LOL - there are 12,133 of others who share my name, but only 2 or fewer share my maiden name.... Barb

MommyNay said...

I am truly a one of a kind :-)

There are 1 or fewer people in the U.S. named Renee Last-Name.

and only 300 with my last name.

Steph said...

Just checking in and serious CONGRATULATIONS are in order!!! Soo happy for you guys!!
I'll have to be better and lurking so I don't miss any additional kodac moments~