Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ahhh, the humanity

Lucy has suddenly decided (as I think I mentioned previously) that she is NO LONGER WAITING FOR ANYTHING DAMMIT. I don't know how or why this is happening - it could be developmental, maybe she's teething, maybe she already hates being the second child. Who knows?

But really, if that's my biggest complaint, then I am one lucky mama. Though I gotta admit the shrieking.every.second.until.someone.runs.to.get.her? That does make me want to scratch my eyes out sometimes.

That said, I keep forgetting to catalog all of the wonderful! amazing! adorable! things they do. Like:
  • Lily is forever kissing Lucy and hugging her (but this does happen with more frequency and with a raised eyebrow in our direction she knows we are watching)
  • Lucy is a great mimic. She makes sounds that are pretty good for her age and will gleefully repeat anything. Like "shit". Because I am a GREAT mom. For the record, she also still does the "yeah, yeah, yeah" thing, and will mimic mama, papa, Lucy and her own names. She took a stab at saying Gibson today, too.
  • Lily wipes Lucy's nose the same way I do - pushing back on the center of her forward and doing it as quickly as possible. She fed Lucy for the first time this weekend and it turns out she also does that universal baby feeding thing where you open your mouth when they do to try to get them to eat. One of the cutest things ever. She is really into feeding Lucy right now - offering her parts of her own food and everything.
  • Lucy kisses. Big fat sloppy kisses. Mostly me and my mom, but also carefully selected baby dolls.
  • My parents got us a digital video camera for Christmas, but I fear that all of our videos will be exactly the same - essentially Lily screaming "I illy, I illy" at the top of her lungs because that's what she does everytime we start taping - she wants to see herself on the camera. In a similar vein, "irror" is one of her newest words* because she wants to see herself whenever we tell her she looks cute. I have to admit we have probably created the vanity. Perhaps I need to cut back on telling her she is the cutest little human EVER?
  • Lucy LOVES my dad. Like lights up every time she sees him and actively prefers him to anyone except PB and I - yeah, my mom really loves that one.
That's all I've come up with for now.

*along with fire, but that's for another post.

No comments: