Friday, December 12, 2008

My big fat happy update

First, because I never want Lucy to have second child syndrome, she clapped for the first time on Wednesday. Yay for milestones!

Now, as some of you may remember yesterday was Lily's court date. I arrived at 9:05 for a 9:00 hearing, stupidly worried that I might have missed something. At 11:00, when I was still the only party signed in for the case, I was simmering, mentally writing an angry blog post about how no one even bothered to show up for her case, and no one really cared what happened to her.

At 11:05, her cw arrived. He shocked the hell out of me by informing me that they had service on both of Lily's parents and they were going to go ahead with the motion. "You mean PCC could be granted today?" I asked. He said yes, provided that neither of Lily's parents showed.

They didn't show. And the magistrate granted PCC. What next, you might ask?

Well, all visits and transportation by the county stop. The judge has to sign the PCC order and then there is a 30 day appeal period. If neither of Lily's parents appeal, the PCC will be legally binding. That means she will be free for adoption. In the meantime, our case will get transferred to adoption. Yes, that's right, Lily will now have an adoption cw.

And, the icing on the cake is that I just heard from my attorney (and best friend!) that our petition to adopt to adopt Lucy has finally been filed and a court date has been set (January 14!).

So it's possible that in the first quarter of 2009, we will officially, legally, be the parents of two of the world's most adorable girls. Please keep everything crossed for us.

11 comments:

Rebecca said...

Amazing update! There is a Santa Claus!

TeamWinks said...

Yes! Yaaaay! That is fabulous news!

Leslie said...

BEST. NEWS. EVER!!!!!! I am so happy for you and your wonderful family!!!!!

Deborah said...

Wonderful, wonderful! Is this what Lucy was clapping about? (just kidding) I'm so happy for you.

rae said...

hell yah!!!!!!! the greatest christmas ever for the BOTH of us friend!!!
yaaaaaaaaaaaay!
can you email me privately with your mailing addy? i wanna send you a xmas card!
love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
rae

FosterMommy said...

Yippee! I'm glad someone got off their butt and did their damn job! ;) I hope that precious girl gets permanency in the coming year. I'm hoping the same for Niblet, wherever she is.

ktdid said...

I just got goosebumps...Congrats!!! Sounds like 2009 is going to be your year!

JUST A MOM said...

How coudl I be late on this one!!!! WOOHOOOO 2 of my favorite mommy/foster/adopt blogs get new/perminate babies in their famlies that is soooooooooooooooooooooooo cool I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU,,,,,

Runergirl said...

OMG!!!!! This is such wonderful news!!! Congrats!!!!!

FosterMom said...

I haven't had a chance to read your blog in a while. It's good to hear that things are going so well! Hope you had a great Christmas!

Dream Mommy said...

congrats! Finally huh? Appealing isn't as easy as it sounds, so hoping the 30 days pass quickly.