Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Thanks, America.

For the first time in a long time... at least 8 years, but maybe more, I feel optimistic about where we are heading and what we can accomplish. I look forward to telling my children that I voted for the first black president, and that I did it because I honestly believed that he wants what's best for us all.

I know there are people who doubt Obama, but you know what? We, all of us, needed a change.

And BTW, I believe this election is the definition of a mandate.

GOBAMA.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I agree 100%! I think this is a turning point in history and I'm so excited to have been a part of it! And, it's definitely something that we'll be proud to tell our kids some day! To echo Michelle Obama, this is the first time in my adult life that I've been this proud to be American. Today I'm so proud!

Runergirl said...

I agree!!!!! Obama Rocks!

rae said...

update update update.........where are you friend?

Dream Mommy said...

I'm not sure if it's the change we want. I just hope he holds off raising taxes til' after the recession is over.