Friday, October 17, 2008

The things that Lily says...

She is officially using 4 and sometimes 5 word sentences. Yesterday as she was leaving lunch with J., she grabbed her keys, ran ahead of her and the other girls, then turned around and said "Bye, people!!"

Recent words that I had no idea she knew include: fire (??), wallet, money, and scooter. She's also learned the dog's name and calls my parents Grammy & Ampaw. Pretty cute.

She's going "potty" which basically means saying potty, running to the potty, crawling up, staying for approximately .75 seconds, yelling "Done!", and then "Frush" and flushing the toilet. Kind of a timesuck, especially with cloth diapers, but I think it's a good sign.

She also says: play, frosty, punk - for pumpkin, and a ton of other words I can't think of right now. I swear, at this point, I think she's picking up at least one new word per day.

5 comments:

ktdid said...

I just love when they bust out with a word and your like "where did you learn that?" Talking is such a mixed blessing...like when all you need for her to do is be quiet in church.

JUST A MOM said...

OOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo they learn soooooooo fast... I love the 2's Now THAT is a kicker!!!

Rebecca said...

Wow, they are both growing so fast. I don't even recognize them in your posts because they've learned so much since the last time I saw them.

At least with the dogs, they kind of stay the same!

Runergirl said...

SO cute! I love this age and she probably is picking up a word a day!

Runergirl said...

SO cute! I love this age and she probably is picking up a word a day!