Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I'm not posting...

because I am considering crawling into a safe room with PB and the girls and not emerging for... a couple of years.

LOL. It's been an interesting few days around Chez Psychic. Saturday was AWESOME! While we were getting ready to go to a friend's birthday party:
  • Lily hit her head (hard!) on the corner of the car door resulting in an impressive bump which is now bruising like crazy. I get to take her to the dr. today, so hopefully he won't call the cops on me. JK.
  • I was in the bathtub, while PB was getting the girls ready, when he burst into the room and started throwing up. That in and of itself was REALLY pleasant.
  • Then, both girls started screaming at the same time, so as I'm scrambling out of the tub to get them, I fell, brusing my legs, my arm and messing up my remaining pseudo-good ankle. I don't know how I hit both my legs and my arm and my ankle at the same time. I am just that good.
  • As we were leaving (yes, we still went, PB's presence was specifically requested by said birthday girl, and he was confident it was something he ate, not something systemic, which he was right about BTW) I heard our pool pump making an unholy noise and I realized that it was getting about 10% of the water it was supposed to. There is a clog. In the pipe that runs underground. Which snaking didn't help. Yes, friends, that is the sound of more $ flying into the stinking money pit that is our pool.
Other miscellaneous crap that we've dealt with since vacation:
  • The damn dog has fleas. That are apparently resistant to anything that won't leave him glowing in the dark for the rest of his natural life. Which may be short.
  • Our sink is leaking. AGAIN.
  • Our agency is incompetent. AGAIN. I am driving 45 minutes tonight to meet our awesome placement supervisor (no really, that's not sarcasm, she is the one redeeming feature of the agency at this point, but that's because she's a contractor) halfway between our house and mine so that Lucy's paperwork has some chance of being submitted prior to her being enrolled in Kindergarten.
The coup de grace? PB just called me from work saying that he was rear ended this morning. Apparently, she hit him hard enough to push him into the car in front of him... A Stratus sandwich, if you will.

His car isn't that bad (which actually kinda sucks, it's worth next to nothing and an insurance claim might be it's only value at this point), but he says that he hurts. All over his back and neck. YAY for whiplash. I told him to get to the doctor today if he could... I've never had an injury like that but I have to think that the longer he waits the worse it will get.

So, that's the long and short of it. Nothing majorly horrible, but lost of oppressively annoying little things.

Lucky, there are two amazingly wonderful, beautiful little things at our house that make us keep getting out of bed in the morning :-)

3 comments:

Maerlowe said...

Sorry life has sucked. I can't help with anything but the fleas.

Get some diatomaceous earth and follow the directions here: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/all-around-non-toxic-flea-control.html

or the directions wherever Google directs you. You can also put a bit in the dog's food bowl to kill intestinal worms (including the flea causing types). Spread DE around your yard with a fertilizer spreader or something, too, to keep them from being reinfested. I think a bag of DE costs me about $5. I use one bag around the yard and house every two weeks to kill sugar ants, fire ants, fleas, silverfish, centipedes, and a ton of other nasty insects. I don't even buy flea preventative or bug sprays/killers anymore, which saves $60 per month on pet drops and more on baits and traps and things.

JUST A MOM said...

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm it is a new month????? Hope it gets better!

Anonymous said...

Sheesh. What a cry baby.

Barb