New words for Lily recently:
buckle, seat, towel, teeth, potty, berry, apple, swing, please, nose, yellow, pink, trash, cookie, sit, bubble, rice, juice, Elmo, belly, stuck
And stuff she's doing now that I can't forget:
- She's become our resident litter patrolwoman - she is fascinated by putting things in the trash. When I took her to PB's softball game on Thursday she was convinced she needed to throw every rock in the park into the garbage can. It was a long night.
- She thinks that biting me is the funniest thing in the Universe. She also still loves to be chased and will laugh her little butt off as she runs the other way.
- She is obsessed with bellies, hers, mine, Lucy's, and on a particularly memorable trip to the grocery store, some stranger's... she didn't actually make contact but yelled "Belly" and pointed.
- She loves shoes. Really. She will periodically take them out of her little chest in her room, fondle them, put them all back in, close the lid and sigh, "nite nite soos".
- She loves to leave our house... as soon as anyone mentions bye-bye, she scrambles to the door and waits. Not unlike Gibson, our dog.
- She likes most music, but she does have her limits... in my sisters car, we were listening to Garth Brook's greatest hits, and while she loved, loved, loved "We Shall be Free", she covered her ears and shook her head when that Papa Loves Mama song came on. PB was proud of her.
- She can sit up, if we help support her at the waist.
- She does fairly well with moving food to the back of her mouth and swallowing.
- She "kisses" you if you hold her up to your face. At least my mom counts it as kissing.
- She will reach for things if they near her and she definitely responds to voices.
- She blows raspberries. Especially when you are feeding her green vegetables. She thinks that is too.much.fun.
- She is starting to distinguish us vs. them - she sometimes gets *really* sad when someone she doesn't recognize talks to her.
- She pulls her paci in and out of her mouth.
- She is probably starting to hate me... I am a loud talker and I have a really loud laugh and I scare the crap our of her all the time.
- She seems to have a preference for early Beatles. While Lily likes almost everything (see above) Lucy is going to be much more selective, that makes PB even more proud.