Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Lily's biodad

Apparently, for the moment, Lily's biodad is clean. He has completed 30 days of residential treatment and is attending meetings every day. His mom says he is excited about visits, and that they all miss Lily like crazy all week long.

They want to be here when she has the tubes put in. They want to make sure she is OK and they worry about her. They return all my calls and they get excited when I send pictures.

And I am scared to death. Of course I know that fostering is uncertain, and of course I know that she's not legally my daughter. But she is is in *every* other sense of the world. This is nothing new. Nothing has changed substantially.

It's just one of those days when it bothers me more than others. I don't know what I'll do if she goes home at the December hearing.

5 comments:

Amy said...

I don't know what to say other than I'm sorry that this is another thing for you to worry about. I know it's supposed to be good when the bio parents/family are trying to do right - but I'm sure that doesn't make your heart feel any better.

JUST A MOM said...

Please hang in there and try and hold your head high and know that God is in charge... I am so upset that the system has not gotten any better then it was some 10 years ago. ONE YEAR they should only have one year to get TOTALY in order.


I pray for much peace for you,,,

Aduladi' said...

I am right there with you and know exactly how the knot in your stomach feels! We go back to court in November and I have been nervous (we have had our foster son since his birth 7 months ago) that Mom will get just enough of her act together to please the court.

Now they are talking about transferring the case to adoption, which while I should be thrilled, makes me more nauseas!

I hate constantly waiting for the bottom to fall out. I will be thinking of you!

Kathryn said...

i thought they were only supposed to get a year? that's what i learned in my training...
maybe bio dad will be supportive of you adopting as long as he is in her life. i will hold strong to that hope for you!

Dream Mommy said...

30 whole days clean! What an accomplishment(hear the sarcasm in my typing). Hang in there. The system sucks. All this help is offered to these "parents" but very little to the children they destroy.