Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Court

Today was my first experience at court. It was *so* *much* *fun*. I got there at 8:40 for a 9am hearing. I was the only party signed in until biodad came in at 9:30, and caseworker at 9:35. The attorney made it around 10:00 and we waited around until 11:00 for the GAL who... whoops was on vacation.

The funny thing is she filed a reporting stating that she visits with Lily when she sees her mom. Now, remember, Lily hasn't seen her mom since last September. Too bad the GAL is supposed to be seeing her every month... nice.

Anyway, 1st extension to TCC was granted, as we expected. Next hearing will be December 11. No other changes.

5 comments:

JUST A MOM said...

have I said the SYSTEM SUCKS!!!!

Cookie's Mom said...

I'm sorry it was "as expected". *sigh* Lovely how attorneys just LIE out of sheer laziness. Dang, I'm sorry.

Rebecca said...

Damn, how hard is it to be a GAL, for crying out loud? It doesn't seem to hard to just find a few minutes each month! It probably took more time to lie than it did to just do the damn job right in the first place.

Dream Mommy said...

Smiley's TPR hearing was cancencelled twice due to unprepared attorneys. It sucks. The longer she's in care, the more likely she will stay with you.

Kathryn said...

wow, i thought my county/state was slow! hang in there!