Friday, June 20, 2008

Aww, shucks...

thanks for the affirmation on the birth certificate thing. I felt like it was the right thing to do - it was great to hear from my fellow sneaky adoptive moms so I knew that I wasn't the only one. And thanks, too, for sharing your personal quest to get an original birth certificate for yourself or a loved one. I HATE that those records are sealed. Hate it. I am going to request Lily's birth certificate ASAP, so I have the in hand as well.

Another question, wise readers - I think a lot of you know where I live... if anyone else who lives here has a pediatrician recommendation, I would LOVE to hear it. My pediatrician recently made the local news because he was charged with sexual harassment of a parent. Gotta love that. I am looking for someone who would at least be open to a non traditional vaccination schedule - both doctors I saw at the current practice wouldn't even really discuss it as an option. Anyway, I know it's a long shot, but I thought it was worth a try.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I know lots of alterna-moms who go to Dr. Bacchus (Backus?) over on the west side. He's a DO and the families I know who use them are either not vax-ing or selectively vax-ing. He is (or was) the back-up doc for the homebirth practice in town, too.

Now saying that, I think maybe he's not taking new patients but he might have a decent referral.

Susan said...

Get Dr. Bob's (Sears) Vaccine Book ASAP. You can call or email Sears Family Practice for other docs that are flexible about the schedule.

Susan said...

Oh another good place to go is the local midwives association, they often have god referrals.

JUST A MOM said...

oh there are a couple her ein town,,,,,,,,oh wait I think they might need you closer huh ok never mind.. good luck