Tuesday, March 25, 2008

March 25th is my favorite day EVER

Lily turned one today. She was with my parents and my sister for most of the day, but when we got home this evening, we had a little birthday party, during which Lily wore a hat, ate some cake, looked at her balloons and generally hammed it up. I *can't wait* for her big family party (in two weeks).

As you all know we have been pseudo-parents for some time now. But, thanks to Baby Girl's first parents, we are now legally recognized, will be finalized in 6 months, de-facto parents. They signed the surrender, we signed the adoption placement agreement and she will hopefully be home (for good!!!!) on Thursday.

The whole day was very emotional, incredibly draining and I feel like I want to sleep for about a month. So I won't be posting any details now, but they will come, I promise.

BTW, now that Baby Girl will be a permanent feature around here, I think I will make her blog name Lucy - it was in the running for her actual name, but we went with something else, so I'll use it here.

12 comments:

MommyNay said...

crying my EYES out on the phone with Rae who is JUST as excited. We are SO going shopping this weekend! HUGE SMILES!!

Anonymous said...

Crying here too but I am pg hormonal...LOL Congrats!

Mama2BandT

Cookie's Mom said...

OH I am so, so thrilled for all of you and for signing the paperwork, and for being all "official" and all. You must have been shaking signing those papers. My heart is just filled with joy!!

FosterMommy said...

Yay!!!! *hugs* I'm sooo happy for you all. Congratulations!! I bet you can't wait to get her in your arms and home. I am often glad that we got to pick up Squeak the same day we found out about him, because any waiting would have been horribly difficult. So I feel for you. Come on, Thursday!!

Can't wait to hear more about Lucy and how Lily reacts to her and all that good stuff. :)

BuckeyeFosterMama said...

Yea! I'm so excited for you!

Susan said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Maerlowe said...

Congratulations!Wow, wow, wow! I'm so happy for you. So, so, so happy.

It feels like lots of us who were starting out around the same time are getting "done" now, doesn't it? You, me, Maggie (just her Fost/Adopt part), Atlasien, and more, even Yondalla and FosterAbba and FosterEema are moving toward "doneness". Then again, it has been about two years... "Just adopt" -- ha ha ha ha ha! If only people knew.

Anyhow, congratultions to you and PB once again.

rae said...

HOT DAMN!
i've been doing the happy dance for you for about 24 hours now.
I'm elated, i'm over the moon, i am just so FREAKING happy for you.
love you
rae

Kara said...

Congrats, I'm really excited for you!!!

Again - congrats!

LBC said...

Congratulations!

New reader here, btw. I found your site on Monday and read all the archives. Then I've been checking back every day to see what happened with Baby Girl.

Yay for March 25th!

Dream Mommy said...

Congrats! You must be so relieved now. Your a mommy now! Doesn't it sound great?

JUST A MOM said...

I am late I AM EXCITED I jsut want to jump up and down can't wait to see and hear about miss Lucy... great name.... woo hoooooo