Sunday, March 16, 2008

Cleveland rocks!

Or at least for now it does.

Our maybe, eventually, hopefully, soon to be, adoptive daughter was born yesterday at 5:47am. We got the call to come to Cleveland around 11:00am, and we were here by 4:30.

She is adorable, of course. She was born at 7lbs exactly, and is 19 and 3/4 inches long. She has a full head of dark hair and dark eyes... or at least they look dark, what little we've seen of them.

We met mom and dad. They were very nice, and the meeting wasn't nearly as awkward as I was afraid it might be. Mom, especially, is very emotional. I feel really badly for her. It's so hard to realize that our happiness has to be based on someone else's loss.

The baby is doing well so far, but she is already beginning to w/d. We will be here through tonight, then back home for a couple of days. I am considering coming back up on Wednesday, with PB joining me on the weekend. We'll see. The hospital says we are looking at a hospital stay of 10 days, minimum - it's their policy to not dismiss babies born addicted prior to 10 days.

Lily is at my mom's house, which I think has both of them thrilled. We miss her terribly, and we talk about her all the time with the nurses. My parents and my sister are doting over her, so I don't feel too bad about leaving her.

6 comments:

JUST A MOM said...

WOO HOO YOU GO YEIIPPY I am so excited for you two,, Can't wait to see this end in a GOOD place.

prayers

Amy said...

Wow. Just...wow!

You and your family (to include the newest member, of course) have my very best wishes. I hope the w/d is not too bad for her - so sad that such a little one has to experience that but overjoyed that you will be there for her.

FosterMommy said...

Wow.
I know what you mean about your happiness being based on someone else's sadness.
The best you can can hope for is that that little girl ends up in the right home for her. It'd be great if the parents could get the support they need to raise her (one or both of them), but if not, then I hope they feel good about the decision to place her with you guys!

That sucks that she has to be in the hospital for so long, too. She needs way more snuggles than she's getting there!

MommyNay said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you Amanda please keep posting updates!

Runergirl said...

OMG!!! This is so exciting!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats and the new baby and I share a bday! So how will the proposed adoption move on from here? When is the relinquishment definite and you guys take custody? Good luck!

Mama2BandT