Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Party

It's decided. We're having one party, at our house, with mostly our family and friends. We are inviting MGGM/F and MA/U/C., but none of Lily's paternal biofamily.

Safety is only secondarily a concern with Lily's great-grandparents and aunt. Lily's aunt already drops her off at my house every Friday so she knows where we live and I am fine with that. I am a bit more leery of MGGM knowing, but only because I know she has more contact with Lily's biomom, who I have only meant once and have no reason to trust. But she has shown no interest in Lily since September, so that is probably a moot point. Plus, MGGM has our home phone number so if she was really motivated to tell biomom where we lived (which I don't think she is) she could theoretically do so.

As for the paternal side... I think I will put a call into Lily's PGM, letting her know that if she intends to do anything for Lily's birthday we need to coordinate it now, since it's only a little over a month away. I will transport for them if they want her to be someplace, but nothing more than that.

Thanks, BTW, for the advice - hearing you all say that I didn't need to stress out over including biofamily was important and necessary. So mwah!

4 comments:

Runergirl said...

Sounds great!!! What is your party theme? Do you have one?

Steph said...

Now that THAT'S out of the way I hope you're able to plan a fun party!! I love the planning and decorating part... even took a cake decorating class so I could match the cake with the theme!!
Can't wait to hear how it goes.

JUST A MOM said...

good choice.. now you can relax and enjoy.

FosterMommy said...

glad you came up with something you felt comfortable with!
I hope you have a fun party, cuz you know it's all about you! But you do need to get those pictures of her smearing frosting all over herself. :)