Thursday, October 04, 2007

The milestones... they just keep coming.

On Tuesday night, when I went to give Lily her paci back in the middle of the night, she was up on her hands and knees grinning her little head off.

Then yesterday, J. told me that not only was she on her hands and knees, but she was rocking. I'm telling you, this girl wants to move.

I literally can't believe how quickly she's changing. She is developing new skills before my eyes. It's amazing.

BTW, the moving thing? V. cool to watch, not so cool in the middle of the night. For the last week, Lily has been waking up at around 2:30 or 3:00 and then every consecutive hour thereafter. Why you ask? Because she has moved from where I originally put her to the top / side / end of the crib and keeps bumping into it. Rather than just stop the bumping herself, she needs me to either reposition her or give her her paci or both.

Why the big gap until 2:30 or 3:00? No freakin' clue. But I'm not asking any questions because I need a little sleep every now and then.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, c'mon. Sleep is so underrated.

Robin said...

I love milestones!!! They grow up so fast!

Rebecca said...

Ummm, at the rate she's going, I think we need to get together before she's walking and driving (that might be next week for all we know!)

Anonymous said...

*OVERrated*

Kathryn said...

Hi. Found your blog recently. My husband and I are about to become foster parents - just waiting on the license. If you were to start over, would you still foster? I'm really hoping you'll say yes, but I'd rather have the truth.

I guess I should know this by now since I started blogging last January, but is there any way for me to contact you besides via comments?

JUST A MOM said...

Just wait till she starts standign and then can't get down that is fun she will scream till you get her back down and then she will stand up again hahha sweet babies.

Anonymous said...

Lots of kids wake in the middle of the night when learning a new thing. Once she masters crawling she will start sleeping better:)