Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Lily Update

Finally (finally!) reached Lily's cw today. He apologized for the confusion about visits and let me know that they are suspended until further notice. Apparently Lily's mom was a no-show at his appointment with her yesterday. You know, the appointment where they were supposed to talk about how she could go about seeing her daughter again.

He confirmed that neither Mom or Dad showed up for court and that they did get TCC. Her annual review is scheduled for June next year, which is actually good, because by then we will be at the 12-month mark where we can file for de-facto parent status. And if this case continues the way it has, we definitely will.

I'm taking most of the day off tomorrow... Lily has pictures then a doctor's appt, both in honor of being 6 months old. Then she is spending the weekend with my parents while we got to a wedding. Probably won't post much until early next week and hopefully then I'll have the this-is-why-foster-to-adopt-is-inherently-a-crazy-idea post ready.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

I'm looking forward to that post! Also, I got your message - thanks so much for contacting me. I will email you soon (when it's not past my bedtime). Thanks again.

JUST A MOM said...

look at this how great is it huh.... great and sad but good for you.

Mama2BandT said...

I am obviously not well-versed on dfacs and adoption but doesn't this mean it's more likely you guys could adopt her then? Wishing the best for your family...