Monday, August 13, 2007

Where does the time go?

I can't believe it's been almost two weeks since I posted. Gah! Lily had her first major cold last week which I think I caught. Yuck.

Since I last checked in, Lily got to meet some important people in her life. First, her great-grandparents, who live kind of far from us but still in the state visited for the first time two Fridays ago. They left her a large bag of clothes. Most of them were off-season so we won't be able to use them, but I thought it was still very nice of them to send them.

She also got to meet her bio-dad for the first time at this past visit. There was supposed to be a DNA test on Friday, however, apparently no one had any proof of identification for Lily so they couldn't do it. I didn't realize this was a requirement... we didn't have any proof of ID for Baby Bear, but they apparently do not issue birth certificates for Safe Haven babies, so maybe that's the reason? Anyway, I guess they will have to reschedule those appts - I'm not sure why c/w didn't plan for that, but I'll have to get in touch with him later this week to see when they will reschedule and what I can send with her as proof of ID.

PB and I are... OK. He's dropped a few bombshells on me in the last few days, both of which involve us moving and which will require their own posts. **Edited to add - we are not moving anytime soon and we are not moving because we have to - I'm sorry if I freaked out anyone I know IRL*** Both of us are grudgingly accepting that Lily leaving isn't so much an if as a when anymore. Both of us are trying to plan ahead to make that as survivable as possible. Me by immersing myself in anything besides being home, him by playing guitar more and more, in preparation for attending some local music stuff.

Other posts in the works. Just wanted to check in and let you know we're all OK.

6 comments:

MommyNay said...

thanks for the update, yove been on my mind! Ill be checking in for those other posts....

Anonymous said...

What? Moving???????

JUST A MOM said...

WWWWWWWWEELLLLLLLLLL about time thank you,,,,,

Robin said...

You have a lot going on lady! GOood luck and keep us posted.

Susan said...

I just got back...I'm thinking of you.
I'll be watching for updates.

JUST A MOM said...

Hey hope ya got to smile today..