Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Chaos, now with a side of early menopause?

This started out as infertility blog. Let's return to that, shall we? Warning: if you're not interested in my cycle or in infertility, now might be a nice time to check out one of the other lovely links in my blogroll.

OK. So, I am now on CD 54. I typically have long cycles, so I'm used to 33, 36, even an occasional 38. But 54? Really? And, before you ask, no, I'm not pregnant. I already took 3 of the El Cheapo internet tests I had left over from last time we were really trying and confirmed with an expensive EPT. Because yes, I am that desperate / delusional.

So I'm kind of at a loss. Then, I'm talking to my mom this weekend (you know, when we weren't busy gawking at a crane pulling a tree OUT OF MY HOUSE) and found out that she was done with menopause when she was 45, and started missing cycles when she was closer to 35. And apparently, a similar thing happened to one of her sisters. Nice.

The ironic part of all this is that we were actually thinking about trying again. I've got 5 Clomid pills burning a hole in my medicine cabinet and I've been taking metformin (on and off) for the last month or so in preparation for doing a real cycle next time.

Maybe someone really is trying to tell something.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Is 33 really a long cycle to the medical world? I've been 30-33 days now for the 11+ years I've been tracking.

JUST A MOM said...

that sucks,,, sorry

Trace said...

I came here through ND foster mom. I hope you don't mind if I follow your story?