Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Let's speculate on who I might have been in a past life...

In the past week and half:

  • Our e-mom changed her mind

  • Lily's mom started visiting

  • I received a letter from the IRS because there is problem (albeit minor) with our tax return

  • My cat ran away - he's been missing since Wednesday

  • We toasted our swimming pool. And by toasted I mean fucked up. We drained the water, scrubbed it all out and when we refilled it, pieces started popping out. Turns out draining an inground pool can cause the liner to shrink. Boo-yah. Let's see where we can scrape up the money for that repair.
Now, granted, these aren't all truly horrible events. In fact, I feel kind of ridiculous even complaining about pool problems, even though they do sucks.

So I don't think my Karma is as bad as say... Hitler's. But, I'm thinking a more moderately bad guy.... not sure who. Thoughts? The criteria are mean enough to deserve moderately crappy luck, and dead before 1977 (when I was born).

8 comments:

Dream Mommy said...

I'm still not to worried about Lily's mom, but understand you have to prepare yourself for the possiblity of leaving.

Sorry about the kitty and pool. Sounds like our kind of luck.

Hang in there.

JUST A MOM said...

ok my dear,,, I would like for you ,, (as hard and stupid ane pissed off at me as it will be) to find 5 OMG did she say 5?,,, yes I did scrape the bottom of that crap lined bucket and find SOMETHING


at least a bit chipper,,,,,,,,,


I need you yo know,,, you are in my daily chuckle thought,,,,,, only because when you are down you can only go UP.

rae said...

aw damn amanda. i can't think of any dead people right now or i'd humor you.
hope your cat comes back.
sending you hugs,
rae

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amanda said...

Just an FYI - the "administrator" removed the comment because it was blog spam trying to get you all to buy fertility tests from some website.

Robin said...

Yeah, I feel the same way sometimes....

JUST A MOM said...

Hope the sun came up on your street today.

JUST A MOM said...

I think you need to post and let us know you are ok.....