Monday, July 23, 2007

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

The Good: There was beer in Princess L.'s Kingdom!! Lily was an amazing traveler - only crying for about 1 out of 8 hours spent in the car this weekend, and sleeping very peacefully in her Pack N Play even as we visited with a friend in our hotel room for three-plus hours after she was asleep. Oh, and my mom made turkey and noodles for dinner on Sunday.

The Bad: There was also a "highchair throne" in L.'s kingdom. And a pre-printed birthday banner, and a plate (yes, a plate) for us all to sign. And mandatory, videotaped, Happy 1st birthday messages. Oh, and we ripped the Pack N Play bag because I have no spatial ability and PB has no patience when it comes to things like that.

The Ugly: My reaction when D. told us they are having another baby in March. I imagine it to be a kind of stunned sickly green expression, quickly followed by a big smile. The sickly green, BTW, being the unmistakable shade of jealousy. Oh, and I had a dream last night that K. (mom of Chicago Baby) called us because she had the baby and was pregnant again and wanted to place the second baby with us. That's just messed up.

The trip was actually pretty good, all things considered. Lily is a much happier baby these days. I think the Prilos.ec and cereal is helping, which is great. She still spits up as much as she ever did, but as long as she's not in pain, I'm OK with it.

As for the pregnancy news, I think I recovered quickly. And I am happy for them. Really. I am. They struggled with infertility before having L. and apparently this time, it happened way sooner and more easily for them, which is great.

It just sucks that I now know two people who started trying after us and have now had 2 children. Sigh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The beer part IS good and I'm with you on the birthday wishes video, YUCK! -B

rae said...

damnit. i know how you feel, friend.
hugs to you
rae

JUST A MOM said...

oh my sweet girl I am so sorry that the bad and yucky crap happened ,, I am going to tell you that I talk to the stupid dancing fertility god guy here in Az often. I tell him I htink he needs to go see you. have a better week,,, sorry i am late....

Robin said...

I feel you sister!