Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A (non) Update

No update really on any front.

Lily's court hearing was today. I haven't heard from the caseworker yet - I know, shocking given he still hasn't answered my messages about her un-visit from last Thursday and Friday - but my friend who is a GAL was at court today and apparently it was continued to June 29. Amy said neither Mom or Dad showed up and Dad's attorney hasn't heard from him. I have no idea what any of that means. I think they scheduled the continuance so quickly because if they go more than 90 days they have to dismiss and refile. Or something like that.

I left a message for K. on Sunday night but haven't heard back. Today is the original due date, although it sounds like her OB thought she might actually have a later due date than originally estimated. Hopefully I will be able to catch her tonight at some point.

Oooh, wait, here's something we can talk about - Lily found her thumb this weekend (just once, but still...) and you should see her in the bathtub. She has discovered the kicking and she really loves it. I think she would stay in there for hours if I'd let her.

Other than that, nothing shaking. Thanks for all the comments and emails. I'll post as soon as I know anything!

2 comments:

R. said...

I get the feeling you could have two children very close in age very soon... Chicago Baby and Lily. Which would be cool, of course.

Who knows what will happen of course over the next year or so, but I don't get the feeling that Lily's parents quite get it about parenting and minimal responsibilities!

JUST A MOM said...

ooooooooooo no show is a good thing. How long in yrou state do they stay in care with no compliance from parents before they terminate? Our state can go at 9 months. but remember it still took 10 years for our oldest younger one. Kicking water is good,,