Monday, April 09, 2007

Lily is home!

We finally got to pick her up tonight. Let me tell you, I am already in love. She is so cute - and little!! Of course, I'm just a little biased.

She will probably be a handful though... the nurses tell me she has her days and nights mixed up. Good for my friend, J., who will be watching her during the day, not so much fun for PB and me. We've definitely identified two things she doesn't like at all - riding in the car and having her diaper changed. She is a total snuggler - between me, PB (who is a big baby hog) and my mom, she is definitely in the right place.

She is having some common issues with drug exposed babies - sensitivity to stimuli and difficulties soothing, along with a really bad diaper rash. But we're not getting longs jags of inconsolable crying or lots of tremors, so that's good.

If I know you IRL or if we've been corresponding by email shoot me a message and I'll send you a picture. I wish I could post them here but you know the rules :-(

8 comments:

MommyNay said...

yay!!!!!

Fostermama said...

Welcome home little Lily!

Ahauna said...

Aw, she must be adorable! I'm so happy for you!

Julie said...

Sounds fun- how is it going with Lily? My drug exposed fd HAD to be swaddled and that helped with the sleeping at night. Good luck!!

runergirl said...

How wonderful to have her home!! I have heard that the vibrating bouncy chair or anything that vibrates helps soothe.

I would love to see pictures: runn55@hotmail.com

Amanda said...

How exciting! Glad to know she's a snuggler, I love me a snuggly baby! :) Have fun and take lots of pictures--she won't be this little for long.

Dream Mommy said...

Yay! I'm so glad she's home. You must be having lots of fun snuggling her!

FosterMom said...

Congrats on the new little baby! When we brought home Baby Girl, she was 5 lbs. 1/2 oz. She was exposed to three drugs - meth., amph., & THC - but luckily didn't seem addicted, and so far, shows no signs of it affecting her much. Praise God! Do you need any preemie girl clothes? I could send you some to borrow, if you would like. I know how expensive preemie clothes can be, and how short a time you will use them.

I'd love to see pictures!