Monday, April 30, 2007

Lily is growing!

While they were waiting for mom to show up at the office today, the early intervention nurse measured her.

She is up to 6lbs, 11oz and 20 3/4 inches long.

This is great progress - she's gained almost two pounds and 2 inches in 3 weeks. *So* happy.

Mom, BTW, did not show. I believe that visits are suspended until further notice. At that point, I think the arrangement would be for mom to show up to visits 1 hour early. Only upon showing up would the transporter be sent to pick up Lily. Then Lily would arrive on time (or one hour after mom, however that works). So basically, the bar has been nudged up a little higher.

Should be an interesting court hearing coming up.

5 comments:

Dream Mommy said...

Things are looking good for you. If "mom" has better things to do than see her daughter, she doesn't deserve her.

JUST A MOM said...

I have to say that it IS really sad that bio-mom is where she is at this time in her life. It is sad that she does not see the chance to enjoy her beautiful daughter. It is truly sad that in time when bio-mom wakes up she will regret these days when she was totaly out of control!! Yes isn't it nice how somethng so sad like this CAN have such a GOOD outcome. I pray for everyone and that what ever is to come does so in a quickness.

Robin said...

honestly, I am glad that mom is not showing up to visits since it sounds like she is not in the best condition to do so.,

Keep taking such good care of that little girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Almost two pounds? Good for her. Good for you!

R.

Tamara said...

Oh, I'm waiting on that precious court date with you! I'm so glad I came out of my funk long enough to catch up on how things are with Lilly!