Wednesday, March 21, 2007

No news is...

no news.

Haven't received any more placement calls. Haven't had any more contact with S.

We are in a major holding pattern.

So what does a redblooded American do when they are stuck in a rut and need an emotional high? Well, they buy something of course! Here's what we bought:



I *heart* my new car. PB says it's a "hipster" car, so I think there's a good chance that my car is way cooler than me. Actually I'm sure of it, but whatever. Here are some reasons why my car is so freakin' cool:
  • It has an iPod compatible radio. I plug my iPod into a special plug on the console and it automatically talks to my radio. It shows all my song titles (even the crappy ones that PB tags my music with - Amanda's Crappy Song 1, etc) and... wait for it... it charges my iPod at the same time. Do you know how long it's been since my iPod was fully charged?
  • Said radio has a background that magically changes colors. The little screen changes from Pink to red to gray to blue to purple, etc, ad infinitum.
  • It is red. Salsa red. Like the picture*
  • It is EPA rated at 33 and 35 mph. So it will probably get high 20's. So I think that means it's considered environmentally friendly. Err... friendlier.
  • There aren't a ton of these on the road. But it's not as distinct as the car with all the doll parts on it. Sorry, this is a reference you will only get if you live in my town... although come to think of it, it's pretty straightforward. Think crazy car guy who has glued miscellaneouos doll parts ALL OVER his car. That's about it. The point of all this? My Scion makes me "optimally distinct".
  • It's made by Toyota so it should be reliable. And to me, reliable is cool.
  • It has, like, 4 cupholders.
  • It has a "European style" dash. C'mon. Just calling it that makes it cooler.
  • It is square, like an old-school Jeep Cherokee. Only it rides better. Yay!
  • It is reasonably priced. Or as reasonably priced as any new car can be. I usually don't buy new because I hate the ginormous depreciation that happens pretty much the second you leave the lot. This is a new 2006. They didn't make a 200 7 model because they are retooling the design, and the 2005s weren't really much cheaper. End of crappy rationalization.
So somehow this turned into a post about my car. I hope that's OK. I don't mean to brag, I'm just really in love with this thing.

I am trying to come up with a name. Naming my cars is a big thing for me. I've had Trixie the Tempo, Patty the Plymouth, Sally the Stratus and now I have to come up with a Scion name. I'll keep you posted.

*This is not my actual car. This footnote is probably totally unnecessary if you know me IRL, because if so you know the last time I was on a bike was when I was like 12. I've forgotten how. Despite the urban legend that this is impossible. I have. Really.

6 comments:

atlasien said...

There are starting to be a lot of these in Atlanta.

I own one!

You get the gas mileage of a subcompact with the cargo space of an SUV. They're just about the most practical car you can buy. And they're cool :)

FosterAbba said...

Boxes are cool.
Boxes rule the world.

R. said...

Hey, it's okay to buy something because you need it, want it and love it...

Cool car - congrats!

MommyNay said...

Wow that is awesome gas mileage. We wont talk about how bad mine is, ugh.

Rae said...

wow.........like........FOUR cup holders? whoa.
*grins*
i think boxy is foxy.
glad you bought yourself something new.
now if your phone would just ring, eh?
hugs,
rae

Robin said...

AWESOME CAR!!!! But I can't come up with a name until I know if it's a boy or girl?