Thursday, March 15, 2007

I'm going to be blackballed.

Turned down another placement yesterday. When the referral worker starts with, "I know you're licensed for 2 but this is a group of 3" and, when you ask for more info says, "Do you have a piece of paper and a pencil?" you know you're in big trouble.

3 kids, aged 2, 3, and 4
Going to file for PCC, and the referral worker said, "I do see here that you're dual-licensed. I'm not asking for a commitment from you to adopt, but I I wanted you to have that piece of info."

And they needed to be placed last night!

No way we can take that on. I am sure that all of these "nos" are being recorded somewhere, but I just can't do it.

Oh yeah, and with this one, we've officially turned down more placements than we've accepted :-(

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Hey, I think it speaks well of you that you have appropriate boundaries. I hope that the social workers see it the same way!!!

R. said...

My gosh, at least you know your limits. It's not doing anyone any favors biting off more than you can chew and jeopardizing employements, etc.

I doubt you are blackballed at all, but I'm sure you have a note in the system that you are one of THOSE foster parents that are "selective" as opposed to knowing exactly what you can handle and not handle at this point.

MommyNay said...

I have most certainly turned down atleast twice as many placements as I have received! Dont worry about it, they will call again.

Robin said...

I agree with everyone else, it shows that you are serious about adoption and that you will only accept what will really work for your family. I say more power to you! And they will keep calling, I promise!

Dream Mommy said...

We've turned down more than we accepted too. A sibling set of 3 is difficult to place, so they were probably hearing "nos" from everybody. Don't worry, they will keep calling.

TeamWinks said...

I'm sure that you won't be black listed. As long as children need homes, you will be on the list for a placement. I'm hoping the perfect one for your family makes its way to you soon.