Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Oh the possibilities...

In a bizarre turn of events, if we spent a lot of money and the planets aligned just right PB and I could potentially have three babies by August.

Now that got your attention, didn't it?

No, really, we won't have three kids and no, I didn't try some crazy ART and get pregnant with triplets. So how might this happen?

Well, first, our house is officially open again starting on Thursday. Our first placement took 5 days. Our second placement took 6. The first placement we turned down was 3 days and, they actually called us for another placement last Friday while we were on hold. I felt really badly about it, but there was no way I could find daycare for a 2 and a 3 year old. Not to mention, I'm not sure I could remain sane with 2 toddlers, but that's an entirely different story. Anyway, the point is that I doubt we will wait long for a placement, so I'm guessing (or is it hoping?) that we'll have a baby in early March sometime.

Second, thanks to fostermommy, we've found an agency that we are comfortable (and even excited) to potentially work with. In fact, I faxed them my copy of the homestudy today, to find out what would need to be added to adopt. When I spoke with someone there last week, they said they had some AA babies that needed placed in the next couple of months. Not holding my breath for that, but August certainly seems reasonable doesn't it?

Finally, and completely out of the blue, I received a call from my MIL last week, telling us that my ex-sister-in-law (T) had called. Herr sister is 5 months pregant and wants to place the baby for adoption. So we called T and told her that of course we would be interested. Apparently T's sister (S) is very nervous about us being judgmental about her and her situation and wants to meet in person, rather than over the phone. Right now, we're just trying to roll with the punches and not get too excited. Although, I must admit, this situation would be v. cool because our child would actually be biologically related to his cousin (our nephew)... that would be awesome.

So, anyway, I'm feeling more optimistic about this whole situation than I have in a while. Of course, that's probably a really bad idea, but for now, I'm just going with it.

3 comments:

Renee, said...

WOW! How exciting about the possible private adoption! Im glad you found an agency! I read your post about Pact not accepting white couples and I thought, how weird! Ofcourse now the phone will ring, if it hasnt already! Can't wait for an update!

FosterMommy said...

I'm psyched that you like that agency! They do seem to always have a situation available, so I hope you're right for one of them!

But 3 babies...well, you're a braver mom than I. :)

Dream Mommy said...

I hope it works out with the private adoption. Sounds exciting. I'm sure your phone will ring soon too though.