Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ick!

Sorry for the lack of posts. In a manner true to my blog title I accurately predicted that I would contract the stomach flu that my mom had and I've been sick with it for the last couple of days.

No other real news - BeBe hasn't contracted said flu yet which is awesome... keep your fingers crossed on that front. Also, we have really been doing well with her lately. I feel like we're in the fun part now - between the rough transition to our house and her returning home, which will likely happen at the end of the month. I have to say that I really like BeBe's mom and I'm actually enjoying working with her.

We are definitely going to keep pursuing foster-to-adopt, but I keep having nightmare visions of Baby Bear being our only infant placement and I definitely want to adopt a baby. Being the control freak that I am, I needed to start making progress somewhere, with something that was a little more certain.

So, as I mentioned a couple posts ago, we're also researching agencies... So far I like Pact (thanks, Renee!), Independent Adoption Consultants (in Indy) and Gladney (TX). Anyone have experience with these? Good advice about other agencies?

Email me if that's more comfortable than leaving comments.

4 comments:

Renee said...

Sorry your sick! I hope your feeling better soon, and FX BeBe DOESNT get it---trust me! I really loved working with the folks at Pact, have you contacted them yet for more info? They send out a great big packet with tons of great info.
Can you switch your license to say only 0-1? thats what ours says now. When we first started we said 0-3 ended up with two baby boys and then J. After she came home we switched our license to say 0-1 and then recieved two more babies.

Thanks for the hugs!

FosterMommy said...

Look into Advocates for Adoption and Adoption Link Illinois. They each are really great agencies.

Advocates is out of NYC and is a small agency. One of the great things about them is that they don't make you choose race. You can sign up for "a baby" which is unique.

AdoptionLink specializes in AA adoption, so there's no weirdness about one program being cheaper or subsidizing the other.

I highly recommend going domestic private and also continuing foster care. :) It's been the right decision for us...so far. (See how optimistic I am while I have no babies in my house?) :)

TeamWinks said...

Bummer about the bug. Hope you are now on the mend!

Dream Mommy said...

baby bear will not be the last baby. We have been offered 3 babies in the past six months and accepted two.

I agree with changing your age range too. You could do 0-2 or a sibling set of 2 if the oldest is under 2.