Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year!

I have to say that I am glad to see December, 2006 bite the dust. It hasn't been my finest moment, despite the learning opportunities that it has presented.

To steal a page from Dr. Mark's book, I'm going to put in some lyrics that have been bouncing around in my head lately:
It's been a long December and there's reason to believe
Maybe this year will be better than the last.
I can't remember all the times I tried to tell my myself
To hold on to these moments as they pass
So what of this year? PB and I completed all of our preservice requirements and also became official with the County. We brought home a baby boy who gave us simultaneously the best
and worst two months of our lives. We got another placement, a three-year-old girl who is teaching us the limits of our patience (and our fledgling parenting abilities).

My relationship with my mom changed in ways I couldn't have imagined. She has been such a support for me this last year. I never gave her credit for how much I needed her.

PB and I talk. Really talk. We have been working on this for a while, but between hitting the three-year mark on our infertility and struggling through those bittersweet months with Baby Bear, I am confident we can now talk about anything. Well, except maybe PB's weird attraction to Dirty Harry movies.

I guess that's what I got from this past year. More painful than I might have wished, but in the end, all good things.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kind of funny the things that can make you REALLY talk with your spouse w/complete and trusting honesty, eh?

R.