Friday, September 29, 2006

Commencing Countdown, Engines On...

Well, it's official. We are finally certified to be foster parents - our license arrived in the mail today. Whoo-hoo! Perhaps countdown is not the right word, however, because we really don't know when the count down ends. That makes for one fucked up astronaut.

I am finally starting to get excited... I have been pretty nervous up until now - still not sure about the whole, kid could leave at any time thing, but I guess I don't have too much choice.

We will meet our new caseworker next week - somehow we must have been expedited, our approval was final on September 20 (my mom's birthday, a good omen she says) and they told us it would take 30 days after that to process the license, but clearly ours was faster.

Well, kids, let the waiting begin...

No comments: